Wednesday, February 13, 2019

"Fear No Evil"

"Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way." (Psalms 119:104)

 What exactly does that mean, to fear no evil? Taken in the context of what David is speaking about in Psalms 23, it is pretty much about being struck by or in awe of; in a more complex way of thinking, it would almost be kind of like being caused to be astonished or captivated by something that is not of any value to waste your time thinking about. Long story short, don't waste your time thinking about it and think about God and His goodness. This morning I woke up to what I thought was gunfire. I went out on the front porch to look down over the valley below, and I felt as though I was in a dream. It appeared for a moment that there were people firing guns in all sorts of different directions; and to make matters worse, there were flashlights beaming to a fro in random areas down below. It was 4:00 in the morning, what the heck was going on? My power went out a little after midnight, and PG & E called to let me know that it would be back on at 6:45 this morning. At 4:30 this morning they called again and said it would be more like 3:00 pm; and I think they said the cause of the outage was God! When I went back outside, I finally realized what was going on: trees were breaking and falling all over the mountains and the valley below; it was snowing and raining at the same time. How bazaar is that? Anywho, I figured that today is not going to be a workday after all; I will most likely just stay next to Marianne and keep her warm. It hasn't got below 60 yet in the house, so I think we are going to be fine. On a positive note, God found us a new house. The last fire season spoke very strong to me about finding another place off of this mountain. Waiting on the Lord is always worth it! Which is pretty much the complete meaning I think I was looking for! When we understand how God works, we really don't pay any attention to all those false ways...

"Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good." (Romans 12:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment