Wednesday, August 29, 2018

"Because He Listens"

"I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications." (Psalms 116:1)

 There is something about having a God that not only hears our voices, but He listens and cares enough to answer. Sometimes it might not be the answer we are hoping for, but He does answer! If you are not hearing His answer, then it only because you are not listening for it; and if you are, the answer you are hearing is not the one you want, so you pretend He is not speaking. That's the thing about having the Holy Spirit living in you, you really cannot avoid hearing God's voice! It use to be that a man or woman of God would pray for something important, and then someone like a prophet would come along and speak for God. That might still happen now, but now, it is only to verify what God has already said in our hearts. The Lord works in mysterious ways, is not just a saying, it is the truth. It is the truth because we do not know His way or His thoughts; His ways are so much higher than our ways; His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9) There are so many things that we do not know and cannot figure out; even what we do know, it only really matters for such a short time period, and it is only useful for a moment; compared to eternity, it is really nothing. Imagine what is might be like to know everything and to be everywhere at once; and yet, His heart still goes out to me, even in all of that, and that blows my mind. The word "supplication," is a word that speaks of earnest prayer, and oddly enough, it is a noun. It is a noun because it is a thing, a real thing! It is real, because He is real, and He is listening...

"I will praise the LORD at all times. I will constantly speak his praises. I will boast only in the LORD; let all who are helpless take heart. Come, let us tell of the LORD'S greatness; let us exalt his name together. I prayed to the LORD, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears." (Psalm 34:1-4) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment