Sunday, August 5, 2018

"The Quaking Earth"

"The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs." (Psalms 114:4)

 Something important is underfoot; I can't really put my finger on it, but it is important, none the less. If God can make the heaven and the earth, He can surely shake things up a little, as He did for the children of Israel in the desert. It was all about getting their attention: the earth shaking was God's way of saying, "Do I have your attention?" What took place at that time was the giving of the law, the Ten Commandments. I think it is pretty interesting that God would shake things up while He was getting ready to give His people the law; He also shook things up when the law was fulfilled and satisfied, when Jesus died upon the cross. Imagine how easy it is for God to manipulate anything He has created; whether it be the ocean, the mountains, or even the sun. Do you know or realize what holds the sun in place? How about what keeps the earth's orbit in balance? Oddly enough, there is a law involved with that also; and I guess you know Who it was that established that law, it was God! Listening to the commercial for the new movie that is being released, something about man's first dog, they had to mention the encounter happen 20,000 years ago. I instantly sat up and had to yell at the television, as if it was something new and something that had not already been talked about; not only is it nonsense, but it is nonsense that is widely accepted as fact. Sadly though, it is also widely accepted as fact within the church. I have had many debates with brothers and sisters regarding the age of the earth and how long it took God to create this thing we call earth. Not that it makes any difference as far as our salvation goes, because there are things we can disagree on that don't involve salvation issues, and the age of the earth might be one of them. Personally, I am going with the fact that God created the earth in six days, from start to finish. Not six thousand years, or even six billion years, but six days, which consist of a morning and a evening, just as the Bible says! I know that Peter mentions that with the Lord, a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years a day, but when God is describing His creation, it is exactly what it says, A DAY!!! Sorry, I just get a little annoyed by people who don't think that God can make a mature earth...

 ""My people are foolish and do not know me," says the LORD. "They are stupid children who have no understanding. They are clever enough at doing wrong, but they have no idea how to do right!" I looked at the earth, and it was empty and formless. I looked at the havens, and there was no light. I looked at the mountains and hills, and they trembled and shook. I looked, and all the people were gone. All the birds of the sky had flown away. I looked, and the fertile fields had become a wilderness. The towns lay in ruins, crushed by the LORD'S fierce anger." (Jeremiah 4:22-26) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment