Saturday, August 25, 2018

"Own It" -Too

"The heaven, even heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men." (Psalms 115:16)

 Taking another look, we can determine our worth to the Father by the magnitude of the heavens. I know that man is seeking and searching for other life out there; but the deeper they go into space, the more distant they get from earth, and that is about it. We really were not meant for doing that, and space was not meant to be explored, it was meant to be distinguished above the earth, and a place where we look up to, just for the sheer delight of seeing the awesomeness of God's great might. I don't think we can understand how special we are, without knowing that the heavens are placed there for our enjoyment and to gaze upon as His creation; nothing more than God's way of saying how vast and powerful He is, that there is no end in sight of His vastness and His power. Yes, the heavens are His, but in a way, we get to own them also. They are meant to be there for us to gaze upon and to know how Great our God really is! I remember as a child how I would sit under the stars at night and would imagine how powerful and mighty God must be to have created such a wonder; it would really make me feel special just to be part of His wonderful creation. That is what I am talking about, that is the kind of owning it that I mean. We are a part, each and every one of us, a part of something that is so vast and so complex, there is no way to discover or determine how big it really is. I really don't worry about what I will do with eternity, there is more than enough to learn and to know about God. If you really want to get a glimpse of what that might be like, try to understand all that you can from the Bible. Just that one Book alone is enough to explore in ten lifetimes, or even more! What else do you think He has given it for? The vastness of the heavens does not compare to the treasure of His Word. Oh, and by the way, there is a better way to explore your ancestry, it is called, '66 and Me'...

"This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool. Could you build me a temple as good as that? Could you build me such a resting place? My hands have made both heaven and earth; they and everything in them are mine. I, the LORD, have spoken! "I will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts, who tremble at my word."" (Isaiah 66:1-2) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment