Wednesday, August 8, 2018

"The Ultimate Sacrifice"

"Which turned the rock into a standing water, the flint into a fountain of waters." (Psalms 114:8)

 There is really no better way to put this, but God's love for us goes way beyond anything that we could ever do wrong. As a matter of fact, I will go out on a limb, and say, there is nothing that we can ever do that would make God stop loving us! We have got to believe that is true, because the enemy of our souls will try to convince us otherwise. The biggest tool he has to use against us is discouragement, by telling us how much we deserve to be punished and how weak and pathetic we are in God's eye; when nothing could be further from the truth, because we are the apple of His eye. (Psalms 17:8, Proverbs 7:2, and Zechariah 2:8) My brain is so weird, it instantly tries to connect dots that probably should not even be connected; but I was just thinking about the Apple from the Garden, the one that Adam and Eve ate and that caused us all to be born sinners. I will not say anymore for fear of where it might lead me; but I do find it strange that it was not only an apple, but that it was in the middle of the garden, which means the center. That's all I will say about that. I don't care who you are or what you might have done, God loves you and wants you to accept mercy! Not only does He want you to accept it, He wants you to love it; which means that you yearn for it as one yearns to be with the one that they love, when they can't! It also means to delight in it, as one thing that you can never get enough of; and it is something God never runs out of! Ultimately, we just need to ask...

"Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer. Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not. I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech. Show thy marvellous lovingkindness. O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them. Keep me as the apple of the eye; hide me under the shadow of thy wings, from the wicked that oppress me, from the deadly enemies, who compass me about." (Psalms 17:4-9) KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment