Tuesday, May 15, 2018

"Wrestle with God"

"Let this be the reward of mine adversaries from the LORD, and of them that speak evil against my soul." (Psalms 109:20)

 Forgive me for repeating the same thing over and over, but we truly are our own worst enemy. That old expression, "The devil made me do it," just does not work; he might tempt us and show us things that we like, but the only one who makes us do anything is us. I have the choice to say no, to walk away; to even run away, if that is what it takes. You know, I can remember when my wife and I had arguments, which I actually miss; and that my responsibility was to pray; but do you think I did? In the heat of the argument, did I choose to do what was right and what the Lord wanted me to do as the spiritual leader in my home? I was too proud! If I gave in, then I was admitting that I was wrong or that she was right; I could not look like an idiot or a fool! But oh what a fool I was! We really need to come to the understanding of who it is that we are dealing with. Yes, the devil is a tempter and a liar, but we have power at our command to overcome anything, if we would just choose what is right. That is all God is asking us to do! There are only two directions that we can go, one is the right way and the other is the wrong way. How many times in a single day I choose the wrong way, it is hard to keep track. The title today is one that speaks of two totally different ways to "wrestle with God." We can be wrong or right; if we are wrong, then we are wrestling against God's will and His commands; if we are right, then God is wrestling with us to defeat and overcome everything that comes our way. It is really not that complicated to understand. Yesterday I heard a message from Pastor Jon, about Jesus answering His disciple when He was asked, "How can we know the way?" The way Jon put it was pretty simple to understand, if we so choose to accept it. Jesus did not say, 'Let me tell you the way,' but He said, "I am the way." We simply need to rest in Jesus and He will do the rest! Who do you think it was that Jacob wrestled with? The way that match might have appeared, Jacob had prevailed against God; but it only took a single touch of His finger to set Jacob right...

""Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going." "No, we don't know Lord," Thomas said. "We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?" Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!"" (John 14:1-7) NLT


No comments:

Post a Comment