Friday, May 18, 2018

"By Procurement"

"For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me." (Psalms 109:22)

 Before I get to the point, I need to remind you how this is still about a "A Cry for Retribution." We all know that the cross was God's judgement for sin; that Jesus paid the price for our sin, a price that we could never ever pay for ourselves. It had to be paid by someone who was without sin; someone that was born free from the curse passed down from Adam's sin, without an earthly father. I shared this before, but someone that once worked for me and was fellowshipping as a J.W., once asked, "Why would God need to die on a cross for our sins?" Jesus himself asked the same question, saying, "Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless, not my will, but thine, be done." It was with a very expensive price that our sins were purchased; a price by which no one could have paid, not even all the wealth of the entire world and that has ever existed. That is why it had to be God, because only God is without sin and worthy enough to be called Holy! We tend to forget things very easily, especially the things that cause us to be changed and to be humbled. It's like reading a special Scripture, one that ministers powerfully into our heart; then returning to that very same Scripture, and it does hardly anything; the power of previous experience is forgotten. It only takes a little something to ruin a whole loaf of bread; a little too much salt, or a little too much yeast, and the loaf is toast. The power of the cross is only as powerful as the One who hung upon it; you take away from that, and the whole point is lost, the power and the purchase is not the same. I heard a caller into To Every Man an Answer, who could not accept the Sonship. I thought at first he said something else, that he was cursing and was out of control; it was not until the third time that he said it, that I realized he was saying Sonship. That was my point about what Jesus prayed, that we know who He is and what a powerful price was pain on that cross for our sins; that He came down from heaven to die upon that cross for our sins! What a procurement...

"But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him." (Psalms 22:6-8) KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment