Wednesday, May 9, 2018

"The Eraser"

"Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth."
(Psalms 109:15)

  Right from the start of this, I thought it was strange how God gave me that title last night, yet, as of yet, I fail to see the point. You know, retribution is a lot like vengeance, and the wages of sin is death; or so the Bible clearly says. What are we talking about here, and why are whatever it is cut off from the memory of the earth, but continually before the LORD? If we look at this in the flow of the last verse, then it would appear that we are talking about iniquity and sin, since the iniquity of the fathers was to be remember with the LORD, and the sin of his mother blotted out. These are two very unique and separate areas of dealing with retribution; one involves heaven, and the other involves earth. Now, if we are talking about people, then we would be looking forward to the next five verses, where it is a little more clear, or so it might seem, that we are talking about someone who really did not care about anyone else but himself. I choose the sin and iniquity angle, because it best fits the positive message that I am trying to put forth. What would make God cherish something that He cannot stand? Obviously God hates sin; He says so over and over in His word, so it must be true. But what is it that would cause Him to cherish that which He hates? As I stated yesterday, it will all make sense in the end. God has only good intentions for us, even though we seldom do anything that deserves His good intentions, it is His will and purposes that matter, not ours. You might have heard it said that God sees us through rose colored glasses; the point of which, is that the blood of His Son erases all of our sins. If He does not see the sin, then what is it that He sees? He sees saints! Just as if I had never sinned; that is what a saint is, like a virgin, never defiled or tainted. My next question is one of origin, like, from where did my sin, which is considered to never have happened, originate? Strange is something of an understatement...

"For I was born a sinner -yes, from the moment my mother conceived me. But you desire honesty from the womb, teaching me wisdom even there. Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me -now let me rejoice. Don't keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me." (Psalms 51:5-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment