Tuesday, May 29, 2018

"More Than I Need"

"I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude." (Psalms 109:30)

 Retribution does not need to be a bad thing, depending on the relationship and the love involved with the source. Looking up the definition of the word, it seems that every dictionary puts it in a bad light; almost making it all about something of a punishment or penalty. Sadly, isn't that how many people view God's hand upon their lives, as if He wants to punish them and take away all of the things they like? I like a little pork now and then. If I could get really good lobster, I would eat it at least once a week. I don't think God wanted to deprive His people from certain foods, He just wanted them to stand apart from the rest of the world and be different. Besides, most of what God instructed His people not to eat was not a good food to eat very often. He watches out for us, as the loving Father that He is. Here is the way I believe retribution should be looked at in our lives, and as it is seen by God: satisfaction! When the Bible says that it pleased the Father to see the Son crucified, the word is meant to express that He was satisfied with the sacrifice of His Son. I seriously doubt that the Father was not hurt, because the tempest and earthquakes spoke otherwise. One thing that I wrote down from Pastor Rick's teaching Sunday, that really spoke to me and reminded me of when I first got saved, was that he said, "Our testimony is God's love." That God loves me! That is the testimony that matters more than anything else. With all of my faults and imperfections, He loves me and is satisfied that I am His child! Do you ever remember growing up and thinking that your parents were not satisfied with you, and that there was no way that you could ever satisfy them? Didn't it make you want to rebel and do whatever you wanted? Well, that is not the case with God! He loves you and is satisfied with you as His child. Does that mean we get to do whatever we want? No, absolutely not. It means that we get to enjoy His love and satisfaction. That is our response, to be gratefully in love with Him...

"So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters. For he said to God, "I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters. I will praise you among your assembled people." He also said, "I will put my trust in him," that is, "I and the children God has given me."" (Hebrews 2:11-13) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment