Tuesday, May 1, 2018

"It's Called Justice"

"Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow." (Psalms 109:9)

 Have you ever painted yourself into a corner and not known how to get out? Well, that might be the case; that is, unless the corner has a trap door; maybe even another level that cannot be seen without God's help. Matthew Henry makes the case about "wicked men, by their wicked courses, bring ruin upon their wives and children, whom they ought to take care of and provide for." It is easy to see how this plays out, it is more common then we realize, especially when you consider the spiritual aspects of caring for your wife and kids. On a much more positive note, we that are called and chosen to be children of God, have what is called an unusual life when it comes to this world and things that matter the most; especially spiritual matters. There were a couple of instances when Jesus put this into the proper perspective, saying, "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." Those are pretty hard words to swallow, but they are part of the cross that one must bare as a follower of Christ. It is hard to imagine how anyone that is dead can still function in a world that wants to do nothing but keep them alive and feeling good, but it is possible; everything is possible with God! To put this into a perspective that hits closer to home, it would be best to think of our new life in Christ as one that is borrowed or on loan. These are temporary bodies that we dwell in, and when we are lifted off of this world we will be given new ones that will be glorified bodies. The fact of the matter is, that nothing on this world belongs to us, we are dead! Dead people don't own anything! We are owned, bought and paid for by Christ, the One who give up Himself to purchase us on that cross. You can argue about how that might look and where the lines are drawn all you want to, but the fact still remains the same, nothing here belongs to you, and you are the property of Christ Jesus...

"This is what the LORD says: "You will be in Babylon for seventy years. But then I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you," says the LORD. "I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.""
(Jeremiah 29:10-14) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment