Thursday, May 31, 2018

"All That I Need" -2

"For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul." (Psalms 109:31)

 There is no one that can do what God can do; and if man can do it, God most likely won't. Thinking of all of the signs and wonders that God has shown us in His word, to see all of the things that He did to fulfill the things spoken of Jesus, that is proof enough that He is amazingly powerful and mighty. The chances of all those things happening and being fulfilled, in total, are astounding; some have estimated it to be 1 chance in 10 to the 157th power, that one person could fulfill some 40+ prophecies that are recorded in the Scriptures; imagine what 350 prophecies would measure out to be and what kind of figures would represent them. This last Sunday I was channel surfing through all the different religious channels; there are some pretty strange things being spoken out there about how we should believe and what kind of power we have at our disposal. Not that I don't believe that we have been given special gifts, because I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and I believe that Jesus is still preforming miracles. But to assume that God will perform something based upon our thanks, I don't know if I can quite go that far; that road seems to a little too self-serving. On the other hand, when it comes to serving others and spiritual matters, such as praying for the salvation of loved ones, I think there might be something to that line of reasoning; as long as the reason is not for our own personal gain. If we are going to use the examples that Jesus gave about asking and thanking, then we must also included His motivation and servanthood. There is no way to expect it to happen any other way; not based upon what Jesus would do or want; maybe based upon the desires and actions of someone else, if you know who I mean. If there is anyone who might think that they can promise us the world, then it is none other than the god of this world, Satan himself. It is one thing to have things, and something totally different to love things; the things of this world will choke out the things of Christ. There is only one reason that the enemy of our soul would want us to be tangled up in all that stuff, and it isn't so that we give more glory to God. This is what I believe God wants us to see from this verse. Or maybe it's just for me. Whether it be power, strength, or wealth, God needs us to remain needy and counting on Him. He owns it all, we own nothing! Not our wealth or our health, and surely not our ministries; everything belongs to the LORD...

""Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink -even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk -it's all free! Why spend money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen to me, and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food. "Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you the unfailing love I promised to David."" (Isaiah 55:1-3) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment