Saturday, April 14, 2018

"Through Our Arrogance"

"Moab is my washout; over Edom I will cast out my shoe; over Philistia will I triumph."
(Psalms 108:9)

  Okay, so maybe this is not the way things are actually made to be; but it is the way I see it being played out, and it is what I believe God wants me to see. As I mentioned before, there are so many things, most of them so little we can't even tell they are there, but all of them things that effect our ability to seriously cry out to God for aid; not because we do not have faith, so much as our faith is not in the right place. Whether it is our own stupidity, or if it is our weakness to sin; either way, our trust and security in God for who He is and what He is all about, it just does not reach to the level that we need to overcome and to be victorious. So we have some battles won here and there, as we grin and think we have accomplished something important. The biggest battle there is to be fought is the one inside, the one that we continually keep putting off or think we can correct our own direction, one day, some way. That is what "arrogance" represents! It is when we know that it is not going to work that way, but we somehow think we are different, that we have it all figured out, and that what the Bible might say regarding surrender only applies to real hardened sinners, not to me and my pitiful little sins. You might be right, this is the completely wrong observation and I am reading more into it than there actually is. Then again...

"When Jesus came to Simon Peter, Peter said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?" Jesus replied, "You don't understand now what I am doing, but someday you will." "No," Peter protested, "you will never ever wash my feet!" Jesus replied, "Unless I wash you, you won't belong to me."
(John 13:6-8) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment