Monday, April 16, 2018

"Most Assuredly"

"Will not thou, O God, who hast cast us off? And wilt not thou, O God, go forth with our hosts?"
(Psalms 108:11)

 Maybe we don't get the message as often as we think, because there is no power in us, and there is surely no power in any other thing that we think can protect us, other than God! No matter what! Even if God has cast us off, where else will we turn to for help? I can't help but think of Saul, who could not get any answer from God, so he chose to seek help from a woman who was a Medium. If we are having problems communicating with God, then maybe we need to keep on asking, keep on seeking, and keep on knocking; but there is never any other place to go for help, ever! Saul's biggest problem was with his ability to admit he was wrong and repent before God. Sad to say, that is what keeps us from coming into the Throne Room of God, unconfessed sin and a hard heart. To see the significance of what it means to be right with God, we need to go back to the beginning, where David says, "My heart is fixed." Only God can fix our heart, but it requires us giving Him our heart to be fixed! If we can't or won't surrender it all to Him, then we are always going to have trouble getting through and having the answers that we seek. The closer we draw to God, the more sinful we appear; as crazy as that might sound, it is true. We are seriously flawed, with issues in our lives, the likes of which we hardly know of ourselves. But the closer we draw to the Light, the more the sin in our lives becomes apparent, and more pressing it is to need to do something about it. I think of Isaiah, who while spiritually standing in the Temple of God, said, "Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts." (Isaiah 6:5) There was seriously nothing that he could do about his unclean lips, nothing! It is only by God's holiness that we are made holy! The righteousness of His Son makes us righteous! When will we ever learn that...

"I have discovered this principle of life -that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God's law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is a war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin." (Romans 7:21-25) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment