Friday, April 27, 2018

"It Could Happen"

"When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin." (Psalms 109:7)

 I have this opinion about what might be spoken of here, that it could come a time when it is too late for a person to repent and ask God for forgiveness; like when might it be that the prayers of a sinner might become sin? To be perfectly honest, I sometimes feel as though my guilt and shame get the better part of my testimony of God's goodness and grace. Do you think David might have also felt the same? I think his guilt and shame prevented him from being the kind of father that kept his house in order; the kind of father that knew how and when to discipline his own children; but that might just be my own opinion, so take it for what its worth. That said, David was and still is considered a man after God's own heart, because he knew what God wanted and he knew that God loved him. Those are the two things that matter most in our relationship with God, to know that He loves us and to know what He wants from us. Does He want us to be perfect? You might think that if you did not know what He really wants, because He already knows that we are not, but He loves us anyway. No, He does not want us to be perfect. What He wants from us is to be dependent upon Him for perfection! How is that even possible? I can be made as clean as I want to be, by simply asking God to cleanse me of my sin. Every spot and every wrinkle, it is all up to me; and all that I need to do is ask Him. So when might that time come when asking is no longer an option? I know you all know the answer to that...

""The rich man shouted, 'Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames.' "But Abraham said to him, 'Son, remember that during your lifetime you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted, and you are in anguish. And besides, there is a great chasm separating us. No one can cross over to you from here, and no one can cross over to us from there.'"
(Luke 16:24-26) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment