Tuesday, April 10, 2018

"Through Our Insecurity" -2

"That thy beloved may be delivered: save with thy right hand, and answer me." (Psalms 108:6)

 So, if you were thinking that I was done with that, we are just getting started. There are so many areas of trust and complaining that still need to be addressed. If you did not catch the point of what Paul was trying to say, I will try and be gentle, because I feel it is the number one killer of the perfect harmony that we are to have within our fellowship with one another; which is backbiting! None of us are perfect, so why do we spend so much energy on one another's imperfections? 'Did you hear what so and so did?' 'Did you see what she wore?' 'How could they?' It is not really our place to magnify the wrong people might do; and it is surely not our place to spread stories and talk about people behind their backs. Please don't feel offended by what I am saying, because I am as guilty as the next person. I think we are so insecure in our own relationship with the Lord, that we need to try and make others appear more messed up then we are; when all it really does is mess us up more in the eyes of others. Don't get me wrong, there are some people that love to gossip and hear gossip; but if we only knew what the Lord felt about such things, we would try very hard to take it all back. In case you might have missed the punchline, Jesus told Peter, in no simpler terms, 'If you love me, feed those that I love.' We are all in this together; some of us more than others, but there is none of us that do not matter to God. We surely do not have a right to tear each other down and to hold any level of charge against a brother or sister. Maybe you don't see it, but I am more than certain the ill we hold against one of our own is enough to cause us to feel ashamed deep down in our hearts. We are all the same body! Which basically means that we need one another, and we need to create harmony within the body...

""Listen to me, all who hope for deliverance -all who seek the LORD! Consider the rock from which you were cut, the quarry from which you were mined. Yes, think about Abraham, your ancestor, and Sarah, who gave birth to your nation. Abraham was only one man when I called him. But when I blessed him, he became a great nation." The LORD will comfort Israel again and have pity on her ruins. Her desert will blossom like Eden, her barren wilderness like the garden of the LORD. Joy and gladness will be found there. Songs of thanksgiving will fill the air." (Isaiah 51:1-3) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment