Tuesday, August 22, 2017

"The Proper Address"

"I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing." (Psalms 101:1)
If ever there was something to celebrate, knowing that God is real and that He personally loves me, is the most wonderful thing I can think of. I am not so sure why sometimes, but just knowing that He does is the most wonderful news I have ever been made aware of. We sometimes forget that judgment is not just for the wicked or for sin; judgment is also on our side, especially for those that have been washed in the blood of God's only Son. I heard a little bit of a message from Pastor Mike, I think it was Sunday, as I was leaving church. He was speaking about how the cults misplace who Jesus really was and is; making Him equal with the angels or the devil, even making Him to be just like you and me. This was the issue that brought me to my senses; having been raised mostly in the J.W. faith, I was very confused about who Jesus really was. One thing that I was not confused about was being judged. The J.W. faith makes sure that you are very much aware that you are going to face judgment for your sins; so you had better hope you are one of them, and that you were faithful doing whatever they asked you to do. I thank God that He has given us His Word, and that His Holy Spirit makes truth known in our hearts as we read it. The day that I accepted Christ into my heart, was the very first day that I was introduced to my Creator, Christ Jesus! I can remember it as if it was just last week, how the pastor spoke those words from the Bible; words that I had probably read a hundred times, but for some strange reason, they had never been revealed to my heart. I can remember that I pictured Jesus on the cross, something that I had seen before in my mind, but this time, He was not my equal or any created being; He was my Creator and my God! I wept instantly, as I became aware of what my loving Savior did for me. That He would take my place upon that cross, was more than I could stand to think about; and when the question was asked, "Who will receive the offer today," I was relieved and excited to be able to raise my hand; so mush so, that I raised both, just in case someone might not have noticed. There is another thing that the J.W.'s teach, that if you try and read the Bible alone, without their Scripture Studies, you will be in darkness. It takes years to be in the Light by faithfully studying those little books; but lay them aside and study the Bible without them, and within months you will end up in darkness. Yah right! I was in the Light within minutes! That very day I first believed, everything that I ever had read before was suddenly made known as a message to me; a special message about how much I am loved and all that God has done to prove His love to me. That is what it means to be in the Light, the Light of Jesus Christ...
"And when he brought his supreme Son into the world, God said, "Let all of God's angels worship him." Regarding the angels, he says, "He sends his angels like the wind, his servants like flames of fire." But to the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever. You rule with a scepter of justice. You love justice and hate evil. Therefore, O God, your God has anointed you, pouring out the oil of joy on you more than anyone else." He also says to the Son, "In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundation of the earth and made the heavens with your hands. They will perish, but you remain forever. They will wear out like old clothing. You will fold them up like a cloak and discard them like old clothing. But you are always the same; you will live forever."" (Hebrews 1:6-12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment