Wednesday, August 16, 2017

"Because I am His"

"Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture." (Psalms 100:3)
Believe it or not, but I woke up this morning with this title going off in my head. For the last couple of nights I have been watching the "God's Not Dead" movies; the first one the other night and the second one last night. If you have not seen them, they are really worth your time to watch. There are about a half dozen characters that are in both, two that stood out to me last night were the young man from China and Amy the blogger. In this movie, the father of the guy from China shows up to his room, they get into it about Jesus, and the father ends up disowning his son because he refuses to stop following Jesus. At first the young man was devastated, ends up in a church to weep, but ends up bringing one of the main characters to the Lord. It is then that he discovers that he has a new Father, one who will not disown him, and one who loves him more than he could ever know. The other character, Amy, she was led to the Lord in the first movie in a search for hope; dying from cancer, she reaches out to the members of The Newsboys and ends up being led into the sinners prayer. In the second movie, she is cured of her cancer, but then she expresses a challenge to her faith in the Lord. She decides to challenge her faith based upon the reason she came to the Lord being the state of her health; she now wants to believe on Him on His terms, not just because she needs to be cured. Two very different characters, with messages that are somehow very similar, in that they both involve the personal relationship that we need with God. It really does make a difference when we are His; when we know and believe that we are His, no matter what! I am no more saved today than I was the first day that I believed; and there is nothing that I can do, or cannot do, that will bring closer to God based upon my righteousness; because I did not get saved based upon my righteousness, I was saved by putting my faith in the righteousness of Jesus Christ, it was His righteousness that saved me! If I start basing my relationship with God upon my performance, I am missing out on something very important, His unconditional love...
"But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children. And because we are his children, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, "Abba, Father." Now you are no longer a slave but God's own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir. Before you Gentiles knew God, you were slaves to so-called gods that do not even exist. So now that you know God (or should I say, now that God knows you), why do you want to go back again and become slaves once more to the weak and useless spiritual principles of this world?" (Galatians 4:4-9) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment