Thursday, August 10, 2017

"He Always Answers"

"Thou answeredst them, O LORD our God: thou wast a God that forgavest them, though thou tookest vengeance of their inventions." (Psalms 99:8)
Yes, sometimes we might not like God's answer, we might not even agree with what God has to say about a particular matter or even how things might appear to turn out; but there is so much more that we do not know, more than we could ever imagine. I guess the easiest way to think of this is to first become humble enough to listen carefully to what God has to say. I don't know about you, but my biggest problem is thinking that I know more than I actually know. If God says do this or do that, I will always challenge what He says by modifying it to fit my own desires and wants. Simply put, God wants us to stop trying to do it our way! I know that it's hard, because His ways don't always make sense; but they always will work! There is a picture I have always been looking to find; a friend of mine has one, and I enjoy looking at the illustration that it puts forth. There are several different versions, but this one is the one that says it best. It's the painting of the lighthouse with the big wave surrounding it, and when you look closely there is a man standing outside the door. But looking closer, he has a cup of coffee in his had; and looking closer still, he is smiling. That is what it's like when we realize that God is on our side; though the world might seem to be crashing in all around us, we are at peace, knowing that everything is going to be fine. I can honestly say that I know how that feels; but I was also admit, I know the opposite feeling as well. It's all a matter of the heart. If my heart is in touch with God, then there is nothing to fear here on this earth, absolutely nothing. But if my heart is taken over by the cares of this world, I am surrounded by fear, and feel as though there is no hope. I just want to sit at His feet and feel His amazing love. As hard as it is to find the time, it is something I feel needs to happen. God will always answer when we call out to Him, He is always waiting for us to ask for His help. I know it might be hard sometimes to believe that; based upon our performance and our obedience to what He says to do, why would think He would listen. But I know that He loves me; I know that I belong to Him! He loves me anyway that I am; He always has...
"Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from the world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever." (1 John 2:15-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment