Friday, November 27, 2015

"Door Number One"

"Deliver me in Thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline Thine ear unto me, and save me." (Psalms 71:2) I cannot describe what it is that keeps me for giving up, except to say that the Captain of my soul has given me strength when I need it the most. Most other times, I guess you could say that I have peace; but in those times when peace seems to have vanished, He is my peace; as difficult as that is to share with anyone. I think that works the same for being tempted, or escaping temptation; most times thinking on His word, or even praying for strength, or simply running away, all of those seem to get the job done; but in those very difficult times when there seems to be nothing I can do, He is the only one that can deliver me. I wish it were that easy; saying it is one thing, but actually allowing it to happen; well, let's just say, the flesh sometimes gets in the way of my obedience. The actual only thing that will work is to cry out for help! It always works, but it works because you want Him to help, you're not just saying help for the sake of saying it. Maybe that's just my experience, and maybe nobody else pretends to ask for help, when really what they want is to be a little naughty. James calls this being "double-minded" (James 4:8), because we sometimes ask God for what we know He wants us to ask for, but at the same time, we really want to satisfy our own desires. But you must believe God's word! Just because you fail to make the right choice does not mean that God has failed to deliver you, it simply means that you have made the choice not to allow Him to help... "If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure." (1 Corinthians 10:12-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment