Monday, November 16, 2015

"Captured By Love"

"For the LORD heareth the poor, and despiseth not His prisoners." (Psalms 69:33) It is truly hard not to feel shame, after all, we never forget anything. But God does hold anything that has been forgiven against us, it is completely taken away. Do you know that to be true? But do you hold it as truth in your heart? In other words, is it your truth, or are you one of those that say, Yea but? Let's think about this for just a moment, and try and understand what the Lord is saying. Based upon the previous verse, which spoke about the "humble shall see this, and be glad,"  'this' speaking about the way God loves us and wants us to be grateful and love Him back; and about a "heart shall live that seek God," which basically means that you are longing after and wanting more of Him; this verse is speaking about two very important basic truths that every believer in Jesus Christ must hold on to: We are in need of God's mercy and grace, and He has captured us by His love! I think there is a reason we cannot forget, because God has made us that way; and we need to remember what we have been delivered from and how God delivered us. I don't know about you, but the moment I got saved, I was freed from something; I may not have truly understood what that was at the time, but it happened all at once! Sure, I still had (and have), some things that need to be purged from my life; but the miracle what happen on that day was not a process, it was instantaneous. I think we are going to find that two of God's attributes are very similar in fashion when we get to heaven: God's love and His light. It might sound strange to think of it like that, but when you stop and think about it, they both have very much in common. So, how would you describe your transformation? Personally, I tend to believe it was the difference between light and darkness; which is also the same as knowing God's love and not knowing it...
"If anyone claims, "I am living in the light," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is still living in darkness. Anyone who loves another brother or sister is living in the light and does not cause others to stumble. But anyone who hates another brother or sister is still living and walking in darkness. Such a person does not know the way to go, having been blinded by the darkness. I am writing to you who are God's children because your sins have been forgiven through Jesus. I am writing to you who are mature in the faith because you know Christ, who existed from the beginning. I am writing to you who are young in the faith because you have won your battle with the evil one. I have written to you who are God's children because you know the Father. I have written to you who are mature in the faith because you know Christ, who existed from the beginning. I have written to you who are young in the faith because you are strong. God's word lives in your hearts, and you have won your battle with the evil one." (1 John 2:9-14) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment