Friday, March 13, 2015

"Direct Responsibility" -2

"As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun." (Psalms 58:8) If you have seen "Ragamuffin", then you might have heard the pastor in the movie say, "I think the only thing that the Lord is going to ask us when we see Him in heaven, is, Did you believe that I loved you?" Which, when you really think about it, it is the one question He should not have to ask us; that is, if we have actually realized and come to know all that He has done for us. Yesterday was a pretty powerful day in the radio listening world of mine; it seemed as if almost every message that I listened to was speaking directly into my heart; and as busy as my thoughts were yesterday morning, God was answering each and every one of them throughout my busy day. One that comes to mind was about communion, and how Jesus said, "This do in remembrance of Me" (Luke 22:19), and how we must remember what He did for us, and how He gave His body to be broken so that we might have life; what more proof do you need that Jesus loved you? Now look at it personally, and then try and tell me you are not broken! This is a personal thing between me and my God; that is what this verse is putting forth, and the message that is being delivered; in a very discrete way, and without outright condemnation, David is calling out those that pretend that they know God, but they do not know just how much He loves them. Talk about direct responsibility, we have got to believe that He loves us, and it must be personal!!! Forget about everything else that you think that you know, this is the point of God's Word, this Book that was written, and that we hold in our hands; if this Book is not meant for you, then let it be so; no pun intended, again...
"Yet I still belong to You, You hold my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but You? I desire You more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever. Those who desert Him will perish, for You destroy those who abandon You. But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign LORD my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do." (Psalms 73:23-28) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment