Friday, March 6, 2015

"Right From the Start"

"The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies." (Psalms 58:3) Obviously, these few verses have some powerful statements about the wickedness within our hearts, but these are not things that any of us needed to learn; no one needed to teach me how to lie, it was pretty much natural to my common instinct of survival. This word "estranged" has some pretty interesting points of view to consider; one that jumps out at me, is the one that speaks of being "an alien by birth"; which is the whole point of why Jesus had to take our place upon that cross, because we could never ever be sinless enough to stand the test, having been born in sin and separated from God at birth; only He who came from God and knew no sin could have the power to break the curse, that curse of being separated from God, our Creator and our Father. As I was thinking about something this morning, it just so happens that "The Young Rich Ruler" still needed to believe in Jesus in inherit eternal life; even if he had sold all that he had and had given it to the poor, he still would have needed to believe in, and follow Jesus. As a matter of fact, had he just believed that Jesus was his Lord and Saviour, just that in and of itself would have been enough on it's own to get into heaven. We do not get cleaned up in order to come to God, we come to God and then He cleans us up! It requires a new birth; one that restores a right standing with God, but is not based upon any thing that we do for Him, but what He has done for us! Okay, so you need proof, then stop believing the lie, and start believing in Christ alone; start believing that He has done it all, and that there is nothing left that you can do; talk about being set free, there is nothing better than knowing your debt is totally paid; yet how often do you hear someone say, I hope I will make it into heaven? You either are sure of it, or you are not; that's the whole point of belief! Do you know Jesus? Does Jesus know you? Then it's settled; your born again and a child of God; and because you are a child of God, guess what you inherit "Right From the Start", eternal life with Christ in heaven; which is not based upon what you do or don't do, but is based upon what Jesus has done for you; not based upon anything but a new position: I was once of the world, but now I am in Christ, and no one or anything can take me out of His hand, that He has assured me, right from the start...
"In that day you will sing: "I will praise you, O LORD! You were angry with me, but not any more. Now You comfort me. See, God has come to save me. I will trust in Him and not be afraid. The LORD GOD is my strength and my song; He has given me victory." With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation! In that wonderful day you will sing: "Thank you LORD! Praise His name! Tell the nations what He has done. Let them know how mighty He is! Sing to the LORD, for He has done wonderful things. Make known His praise around the world. Let all the people of Jerusalem (Zion) shout His praise with joy! For great is the Holy One of Israel who lives among you." (Isaiah 12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment