Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"Removing The Big Bite" -2

"Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O LORD." (Psalms 58:6) I think that before we can totally understand and even begin to consider how important that our words are, is that we need God's Spirit to show us what it means to be a peace maker. Obviously we are not the ones to administer peace; we are not even capable of holding our peace when it comes relationships and being the perfect example of God's redeemed; but God is more than willing and able to work in us to make the changes needed, if we would just submit to allow Him to change us. It's going to hurt a little, sorry to say, but He never said that we would not feel any pain, only that it would be easy; easy meaning that we are not the ones that do the work, He is; but change is always painful in some degree, and for some, the pain is like getting your teeth pulled from the dentist; it might hurt a ton while it's being done, but man, is your mouth going to feel better later on, like about a month or so later! It is only by God's Spirit that we are going to be able to represent Him; I truly hope that you understand that; and if you do, then you need to know that it is a continual filling that must take place in us, not a one time event. That is the whole point of being meek, in that we are well aware of our condition, and that we need God's Spirit to even begin to be a peace maker; and after we begin, then we need His Spirit to continue working in us, continually, each and every day. As I was praying about this, I realized how much I mess up this process by attempting to take over, instead of letting God work through me; as if God has given me the ability to do things on my own, and now I can pretend that I got this; when in fact, I have nothing at all, but maybe a big head. We cannot do anything without Him working through us; and as soon as we try, we are misrepresenting Him and what His love really looks like. When you look up the definition of the "peace" that James is speaking of, it's the Messiah's peace, it's not our own peace that we are representing; we get to share in that peace, and we get to experience that peace, but it's not our own, and it is only available through Jesus Christ; and yet, somehow we think that we are the middleman in this process of making peace, when we are to be the representative not the broker... "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment