Sunday, March 8, 2015

"Bent On Destruction" -2

"Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear; which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely." (Psalms 58:4-5) As you might have noticed, Paul used a little of these illustrations in his description of how everyone has sinned; and we are included in those, whether we care to except it or not; if it had not been for God's intervention into our lives, we would still be going down that highway to hell. There is something else to this portion of Scripture; which by the way, I reference to as Scripture, because this is the very word of God; God is speaking through one of His prophets; just so happens it is David that He is speaking through, but nonetheless, it is God speaking; but have you noticed the "charmers", those little voices that whisper into our ears. I need to stop and listen! Talk about being bent on destruction, not listening to God is the surest way to destroy our lives and to find ourselves outside of His will for our lives. So how do I know when it is God speaking to me, and not the devil, or even myself? I know when He speaks, because my heart melts every time that I hear His voice! But do I always listen? no, unfortunately I do not; as a matter of fact, if I don't want to listen, I will drown out His voice with something else, something more like a hiss inside of my mind, if that makes any sense to anyone that might be listening. I know when God is speaking, because He always uses the same soft and tender voice; a voice that cuts right into my heart, especially when I am doing something that I should not be doing. He never yells, or speaks in a way that is judgmental; although I know when He is speaking, my heart is being judged; His voice is always kind and compassionate, even when I am totally unruly and will not listen to what He is speaking into my heart. Here is a simple test, if you are into things like that: when you hear that still small voice speaking to you, stop what you are doing, and listen; and then speak back, and see where the conversation takes you. If it is God, He will not judge you, but your heart will; if it is not God, you will know by the lack of love, especially the love for His Word...
"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe; for there is no difference: for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by the grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; to declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that He might be just, and the Justifier of him which believeth in Jesus." (Romans 3:21-26) Old School...  

No comments:

Post a Comment