Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"Not So Far Off"

"They run and prepare themselves without my fault. Awake to help me, and behold." (Psalms 59:4) Let me start by saying that God is not trying to force you into something that you do not want to do; although we might assume that He is, His intentions for us are always good and based upon the perfect plan for our lives. Just in case you wondered what a perfect plan might look like, don't except me to show you one, or anyone else for that matter; God's perfect plan comes with abundant peace and joy, and it takes on a life of it's own, because it is yielded to and guided by the Holy Spirit. You know already how I feel about the book of Hebrews; at least you should know if you have been following my blog at all. I believe that Hebrews was the work of several authors, Paul and Luke for sure, but I am not counting out Mark also. I just envision them all together, making sense of everything that they know and have experienced from their journey in Christ, and then putting it down on paper, as the Holy Spirit directed them to do. But that's just my opinion, and I might ought to keep it to myself! I really think that we need to come to some solid understanding about God's love for us, because based upon our own understanding of what we see happening in our own lives, we might not understand God's point of view on our lives. I know, that seemed rather awkward to read, but it does make sense; it makes sense because we have this stupid tendency to look for power within ourselves, as if by the life that we have been given, now we have the strength to accomplish everything; and because we really can't, we somehow think that we really have not been given the life we have been promised. Pure nonsense does not even come close; more like, the deceitful lie of the devil, is more like it! And then we add to that some weird notion that God is angry at us for failing; when all He really wants us to do is to cry out for help! I could not help but think of that guy hanging off the cliff, holding onto a root which looks like it's about to break, and God says, You want my help? then let go of the root! Because He can help us, and He will help us; but first, we need to let go of that root...
"And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven's Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. By His death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God's house, let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting Him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water. Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise. Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near." (Hebrews 10:19-25) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment