Friday, December 19, 2014

"Without Exception"

"God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God." (Psalms 53:2) We do only get one chance to get this right, once you're dead, that's the end of the chance, so you had better make today count for good! When it comes to God's mercy, He has got to at least have a lot more patience than I could ever have, because I could not put up with myself; you have got to understand how important God's love is when it comes to that realization. It's not just a matter of us seeking Him, because if that were the real ticket, then none of us would have a snowballs chance; I would still be lost in my sins and going to hell if that were the case. God sought me out! He came to me; calling out through the darkness, He called me unto Himself; if not for that, then I would never had found Him! When it comes right down to it, we are all dependent upon God's rich mercy and love that seeks us out, because we all had to be called out of the darkness and into His marvelous Light; every single one of us! God's word makes this completely understood, that we were all lost in sin; and just in case you don't know what "lost" means, it means that we needed to be shown the way to go home, because we had no clue as to our condition, let alone that how to get there. If it were not for God choosing me, I would have choose the darkness that I was in; I realize that, and I accept the fact that I am completely dependent upon His rich mercy and grace, because without it, I would be without hope and forever lost in darkness. Do you think that you are an exception? I mean, if you really wanted to, you could probably point to that day and say, No, it was me that found God, because I was looking for Him. I know that there are some that teach that, and try to say that we need to be the ones who seek out and find God; but there are many different roads to go down when we set out on our own, and there are very few that will find the right road; I mean really, at what point did any of us gain understanding? before or after we came to the Lord? And if you think that you were the one that made that happen, then you probably believe in evolution also... "What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; as it is written, There is none righteous, no not one: there is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God." (Romans 3:9-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment