Tuesday, December 9, 2014

"The Destroyer"

"Thou lovest all devouring words, O thou deceitful tongue." (Psalms 52:4) I know you might have wondered why I closed with James 5:1-6, but it was mostly verse 6 that really caught my attention; not that the damned aren't carried away by riches, because riches are a tool used by the enemy; both the gain and the desire of wealth; the rich are either trying to get rich, or they are trying to keep it. But that is just one tool that the enemy uses, and has used for thousands of years; today we are pounded with lies in every direction. If we could pinpoint a major tool of the enemy, it would be the tongue; the tongue meaning all forms of communication, both spoken and written. Compound that with our modern day way of communicating, and you have something of a wildfire of lies which can be spread in several different directions. I do have a Facebook account, and a Twitter account, but I refuse to use them both; as a matter of fact, I have not used either one of them in several years now, and I really don't care to. Some of my friends and relatives think that I am some sort of a Fuddy-Duddy for not going on Facebook anymore; and I am constantly getting emails with notifications, and tags, and whatever else is going on out there; but it's not that I don't enjoy the pictures and the chatter, because I did; it's just that I don't like the trap that I see happening there, which I see as the Social Spiderweb; but that's just my opinion, so you can take it or leave it. This is a really strange world that we are living in, one that is primed for something catastrophic to happen at any moment, and I believe that it will; any day now Jesus will be returning for His bride, and when He does, things are going to be quite out of control, quite rapidly. With the Holy Spirit gone, the deceitfulness of the devil will devour the earth, and the sad thing is, many that are left will not notice the deceit; and those that do, will be most likely be put to death. Imagine what this world will be like; and if you still have Facebook or Twitter, you had better watch out! Okay, so I got a little sidetracked, I'm sorry; but you have got to see the grip that the enemy places on people; if it's not riches, then it's power and influence; if it's not power and influence, then it's likability; and if it's not likability, then it's just plain old evil; anything evil, whether that is in the form of hatred or gossip, it really does not matter, because devouring words have the same result...
"Do you think that the Scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? But He giveth more grace. Wherefore He saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up. Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. There is one Lawgiver, Who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou to judgest another?" (James 4:5-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment