Saturday, December 6, 2014

"O Mighty Man"

"Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? The goodness of God endureth continually." (Psalms 52:1) Although I tend to mess up from time to time, I can honestly say that I trust God to get me through to the very end; unlike some that I see who panic at the first sign of something that they were not expecting, I instead seem to sweat the little stuff, but the big things I don't worry about and just hand them over to God. Maybe it seems it might be time to start handing God some of the little stuff? It seems as if I have so many little things piling up around me, that they are starting to become big things that are getting out of my control. If we stop long enough to listen, God is really asking us to give Him everything, even those little things that we think are real easy; and because we think they are, we don't even consider handing them over to God. As I think about it, when I first came to Christ, He had full control; every waking moment of every day was His, and I did not dare make any thing or matter mine alone. That was over 33 years ago, and between then and now it is hard to remember a day when I last walked as if He was in complete control of my life; and when I say complete control, I mean that He has the wheel and I am the passenger! Fortunately for me and my stubbornness, God is merciful, and He does not give me what I deserve at the hands of my own mischief, because He is more than merciful, He has abundant grace that gives me what I don't deserve. This is not what David might be talking about, and then again, maybe it gets right to the point. Whether or not Doeg planned it, his life changed for ever after he told Saul what had happened; he might of thought he was going to get favor with the king, but instead, the king commissioned him to kill the priest of God. It is not that we cannot make choices on our own, because we all honestly do in some form or fashion; but it is more about giving everything to God in humility, understanding who we are and Who He is in comparison, and making all of our choices based upon one simple rule: What Would Jesus Do? Otherwise, the wrong little choice could become something really really big; and before you know it, you have created a life changing problem...
"Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: whereas ye know not what shall on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." (James 4:13-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment