Thursday, October 23, 2014

"Word of God Speak!" -2

"Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I testify against thee: I am God, even thy God." (Psalms 50:7) Here is the thing about the 'Word', what John understood, and what we must understand also: the 'Word' is the "Logos", which is more than just a word or words, it is words that have been uttered by a living voice, embodies a conception or idea; in other words, if you what to know what God looks like, then look at Jesus! Stated as this: "In John, denotes the essential Word of God, Jesus Christ, the personal wisdom and power in union with God, his minister in creation and government of the universe, the cause of all of the world's life both physical and ethical, which for the procurement of man's salvation put on human nature in the person of Jesus the Messiah, the second person in the Godhead, and shone forth conspicuously His words and deeds." Following Jesus around in His everyday practice of placing Himself in the midst of people's lives, one could get the understanding how much He knew about our lives; not just that He knew about how we lived, but that He knew about how we thought, and more importantly, what we thought of Him, meaning God! God is not just some cosmic force out there somewhere in space, God is alive in us, in nature, in everything that He has created; and of everything that He has created, nothing else is as special to Him as man. I heard this said yesterday, that God instilled in us the same essential desire that He has for fellowship; in other words, God desires to have fellowship with us the same as we desire fellowship with one another; He has put that desire within us so that we might desire fellowship with Him. It might sound a little weird, but it will all make perfect sense in heaven; until then, we must approach God in such a way that we understand He knows us already; there are no secrets you have from God, so you cannot speak to Him as though you are hiding something, if you know what I mean; He knows when we are being honest with Him and when we are not, so just be honest! When we are honest with God, He will open up to us also, revealing Himself to us on a personal level; speaking directly into our hearts, not through another person, or even through the written text, but one on one, He will speak directly to you and to me. John had this kind of a relationship with Jesus, which was why he called himself, "The disciple whom Jesus loved", because he was totally honest with Jesus and there was a special relationship built upon trust... "For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me. Behold, the Lord GOD will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up. Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of His servant, that walketh in darkness and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God. Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow." (Isaiah 50:7-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment