Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"Giving It All To God"

"Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?" (Psalms 49:5) Understandably, we all can find ourselves in the place of overreaching and holding onto the things of this world a little tighter than we should; after all, we are only humans and are dependent upon the things of this world to sustain this mortal shell. When he speaks of "the iniquity of my heels", he is speaking of the consequences of overreaching, which is where you find yourself when you have grown dependent upon a system that is not real; at least it is not real enough to provide life, either here or in the life to come. This verse is very very interesting to me, because it shows us how much fear is placed in something that really cannot harm us; if it cannot provide life, then it surely cannot take our life, at least not the life that matters the most! What is our answer for such a fear? God, He is our answer; He is the one that we turn to, even when that place we find ourselves painted into a corner by our own doing, God is always there to lift us out and to put our feet back on solid ground. Simply put, if God will protect us in the good times, He will protect us in the bad times; He protects us in the wilderness, just as He protects us in the promised land; we just need to give it all to Him, and acknowledge that He is God... "At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be My people. Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest. The LORD hath appeared of old unto to me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn thee." (Jeremiah 31:1-3)  

No comments:

Post a Comment