Sunday, October 5, 2014

"Nowhere Man..."

"Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names." (Psalms 49:11) 'Casa de Nothing' is the main thought that the Lord has put upon my heart; not because there is nothing actually involved with setting up an inheritance for your children, because there is, and it really is a good idea to provide for those that you love; but to make it your "inward thought", that could be dangerous, if not totally ungodly. If you were to ask me 38 years ago what my most important thing in life was, I would have told you that it was owning a ranch in Texas with 600 head of cattle and a dozen horses. When I was 18 years old, I really had a passion for getting independent from the city life; I saw it as a trap, and truly believed that kind of life caused people to be dependent upon others to provide for their every need; and it does, but so what, such is life. We really don't realize how dependent we all are on God; how that God holds everything in perfect balance, and that balance is what keeps this ball we call earth from bursting into a ball of fire. Think about what must be going through the heads of many of our younger generation of children, as they are convinced that there is no God, and yet told that the earth they live on is going to perish; they must be really stressed out inside, feeling hopelessly doomed and not seeing any grandchildren likely in their futures. It could actually happen, and there will be a time that it will actually take place, but that does not mean that we are without hope! If our true focus is upon heaven, then what happens here on earth really becomes something of a fairy tale; but if our focus is upon this earth, then it is heaven that becomes a fairy tale; a nominal place which could be, but not worth dying for. We are really all going to die anyway, so why not die for something worth dying for? If we believe in Jesus Christ, then we need to believe in everything that He said. It really is that simple!
"These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall show you plainly of the Father. At that day ye shall ask in My name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: for the Father Himself loveth you, because ye have loved Me, and have believed that I came out from God. I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father." (John 16:25-28)

No comments:

Post a Comment