Monday, October 20, 2014

"A Holy Judgment"

"And the heavens shall declare His righteousness: for God is judge Himself. Selah." (Psalms 50:6) Need I say more? If indeed the rainbow signifies God's judgment upon Himself, then what of His righteousness? Okay, this could get interesting, to say the least; but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if God some how puts a little blame upon Himself; not that He is to blame for anything that we have done, but that He knew that it would happen, yet He let it happen anyway. I once heard a pastor on the radio, I believe it was Pastor Steve, that said, "I knew before my child was born that he was going to have some difficulties, was going to be hurt, was going to get into trouble, and even going to one day suffer and die; but I knew also that I would love my child, and that I would have little me to share my life with; so all of that other stuff really did not matter." After God destroyed all living creatures on this earth with the flood (which by the way, was a very big deal to God, because He said, "The flood killed everything" like at least four times, signifying how much it hurt Him to do it), He made a promise with a rainbow that would appear in the clouds; yet the word rainbow does not appear, it is instead "bow", which God uses to display His promise or covenant for all to see, but He also placed it there for Him to see also; in fact, He stressed that it was more for Him than it was for us (Genesis 9:12-17). The very next time that God would be judging the sins of the world, He would be putting the judgment upon Himself; instead of water destroying the world, the world would be destroying the Water... "For thy Maker is thine Husband; the LORD of hosts is His name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall He be called. For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid My face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer. For this is as the waters of Noah unto Me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee. For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but My kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of My peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee." (Isaiah 54:5-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment