Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"God's Establishment"

"The Mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof." (Psalms 50:1) Just in case you were wondering, "God Is the Judge" is the title above this Psalm in my Bible; therefore it will be safe to say that I am basing the majority of theses next 23 verses upon God being the judge; whether that means of His judgement, or if that might refer to His instruction; and by instruction, I mean all that He has established. Establishment is an interesting word: if I had a restaurant, it would be my establishment, thereby I set the type of menus and the atmosphere by which I would like my restaurant to put forth, which means that I set the rules; except of course for the regulations that I must abide by that are set by government, I am free to establish whatever type of restaurant that I wish. God has established the earth, and He has made it to His specifications; which basically means that God has set all of the limits for time and space; meaning that everything works together like clockwork, which we can be very thankful for, although we seldom give it much thought. When it says, "hath spoken", the general idea is that of 'command', as in God has commanded it to be so. From the very beginning of the Bible we are given this fact, that God has spoken all things into existence, so why should we doubt that God has not established every order in that very same way; after all, if God's voice is powerful enough to create everything, then it should also be powerful enough to sustain it, right? The word "called" is the same word from Genesis 1:5, which says, "And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night"; which basically means that He proclaimed them to be Day and Night, which means that He established it to be so. Although this verse might appear to proclaim this same principle (day and night, rising of the sun and setting of the sun), it means far more than just times, but it takes into consideration all that He has made; all that exist "from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof", He has established. Now then, if He has established everything, doesn't stand to reason that He is allowed to judge it? I mean, if I established my restaurant to provide a certain atmosphere and a certain dinning experience, then shouldn't I get to judge whether or not what I have established meets the establishment I have envisioned? Therefore, God is the Judge of what He has established...  "But we are as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities like the wind, have taken us away. And there is none that calleth upon Thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of Thee: for Thou hast hid Thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities. But now, O LORD, Thou art our Father; we are clay, and Thou our Potter; and we all are the work of Thy hand." (Isaiah 64:6-8)  

No comments:

Post a Comment