Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"Word of God Speak!"

"Hear, O My people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I am God, even thy God." (Psalms 50:7) I just love quoting Isaiah 9:6, but you have got to admit, that was some pretty powerful stuff; why some people can't just accept that Jesus is God; it has got to be something spiritual, because God's word is pretty plain about it. And yet, His very own rejected Him; even though they were waiting for Him to come, He came, and they still refused Him, and they demanded that He be crucified upon that cross. Stop right now and think about what has happened: God's chosen people, they were chosen to condemn Him to death; a death that was demanded of Him because He said He was God, and He was, yet they used the law that they were given, by Him, to put Him to death. He was their God, the one that they worshiped in all of their ceremonies and in all of their sacrifices, it was Him, the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob; the God that brought them out of Egypt, and into the promised land, that same God they spat upon and raised their fist to, and turned over to the Gentiles to be slain like a thief and a murderer. The Apostle John was a Jew; he was the one that was referred to as the one "whom Jesus loved" (John 13:23), he was at the foot of the cross when Jesus died (John 19:26), He was first to enter the empty tomb (John 20:4), he was the one who saw it was Jesus that told then to cast their net on the right side (John 21:7), and he was the last one to die (John 21:20-22); and John was the one to witness the very end (Revelation). John was also the one to write that Jesus "was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1); and he also made mention why he wrote his account, just after Thomas said, "My Lord and my God" (John 28-31). It really does not take much more to convince the average Gentile that Jesus is God; but the Jew, they are still looking for another, someone who will show up with great charisma and present himself as a leader among men; which they will accept as the Messiah, but he will turn out to be the Antichrist, and they come to realize what they had done. You could not make it any clearer, God has chosen His people to demonstrate the power of His love and how much loves us despite our transgressions against Him... "Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of My creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for you iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away. Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when  I called, was there no answer? Is My hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at My rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst. I clothe the heavens with blackness, and I make sackcloth their covering. The LORD GOD hath given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: He wakeneth morning by morning, He wakeneth Mine ear to hear as the learned. The LORD GOD hath opened Mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back. I gave My back to the smiters, and My cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not My face from shame and spitting." (Isaiah 50:1-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment