Wednesday, October 29, 2014

"The Answer!" -2

"Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the Most High: and call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me." (Psalms 50:14-15) So what do you think? If God is for you, then what possible thing can come against you? I don't really want to get into this, but this really is the answer, it just takes doing it to even begin to understand how it works. I can not begin to tell you the number of days that I have felt like giving up; they are not really full days, because God will always deliver me from them before the day is done; but you have got to understand how I feel when I want to quit. I love my wife more than life itself, but I cannot stand to see her in this condition day in and day out; for over eleven years now, she has not said a word, nor taken a step, or been able to eat as you and I eat; it breaks my heart to no end. But God, He is good, and He is faithful in His word; because no matter how depressed I get, and no matter how discouraged I am in this circumstance, He continues to give me hope! Let me tell you in layman's terms what I am trying to say, and see if I can make it come to life. When I am down, it is time to look up; and by looking up, I mean it is time to set my mind upon God. When I set my mind upon God, I see things in such a whole different light; although they do not change, they become smaller in comparison to who He is, and what He has done for me. It is then that I can honestly begin to thank Him: I thank Him for my wife, and for the opportunity to love her and to care for her; but more than that, I thank Him for the experience of love, of knowing what it feels like to get just a little taste of what He feels, day in and day out; to love someone unconditionally and without expecting anything in return. Talk about paying "vows", it does not get any more meaningful than that! I made a vow to my wife over 32 years ago that I would love and care for her until death do us part, and I made that vow with God, saying, "So help me God": and so He does! When I call upon him in one of those "days of trouble" He delivers me; don't ask me how, because I am not quite sure what He does, nor can I bottle it up and use it again, because it is all Him. The best way that I can describe what happens, is all that is troubling me is replaced with joy; all of my sadness is replaced with gladness; and I can honestly say that I feel my loving Father's arms around me, and I am safe and secure. You see that word "shalt", as in, "and thou shalt glorify Me"; that is not a command, as in, "thou shalt, or else"; that is a reality... "Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for My salvation is near to come, and My righteousness to be revealed. Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing evil. Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from His people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep My sabbaths, and choose the things that please Me, and take hold of My covenant; even unto them will I give in Mine house and within My walls a place and a name better than the sons and of the daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off." (Isaiah 56:1-5)    

No comments:

Post a Comment