Saturday, October 11, 2014

"Be That As It May"

"Though while he lived he blessed his soul, (and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself,) he shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light." (Psalms 49:18-19) If I truly know where my heart is meant to be, then why not stay fixed there, and get pulled into a place I do not belong? You tell me! Fortunately I have someone watching out for me, who will correct my direction, and who will keep me on the right path; because if it were left only to me, I would still be trying to buy some land and name it after myself. This is actually a very interesting couple of verses, because it concludes several different points that speak very loud and clear about what we should not do, and, if we do that, we are going to be lost. Jesus made something very clear about this matter, in that He said, "No servant can serve two masters" (Luke 16:13). I used the Luke version because of the term "servant"; Matthew has it say, "No Man can serve two masters" (Matthew 6:24); because we are to be servants unto the Lord, not to ourselves. The main point to what is being said above, is that of being self-serving, which basically means that everything you do, you do to benefit yourself, as in, treating yourself well, even at the expense of others. When you see the "light", you understand how God's economy works, and that in His economy when we die to ourselves we are made rich; unlike those that bless themselves, although they might appear blessed to others, they are really living in darkness; a darkness that they shall never depart from. And then we have this "soul" that is being mentioned, which is strangely enough 'the soul', however it is the seat of desire at the same time. So what does that mean in the real world? Well, if you wanted to see what a damned soul might look like, then there you go! That is pretty much the easiest way to explain that; because the soul will be eternally damned based upon the seat of their desires; in other words, if they desire riches and they only care about themselves, then that will be the peak of their happiness, because when this life is over he will join "the generation of his fathers", which just means that he will join the dead; but more than that, because his fathers does not just mean his father or grandfather, but all of those by whom he had modeled his life after... "Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love Me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of Myself, but He sent Me. Why do ye not understand My speech? even because ye cannot hear My word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do: he was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe Me not. Which of you convinceth Me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe Me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God." (John 8:42-47)

No comments:

Post a Comment