Monday, October 27, 2014

"Unanswered"

"Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?" (Psalms 50:13) Don't ask; I had nothing this morning at all, and just asked God for a word, and this was it; oh my, what a strange way to start my day! I watched that movie "I am in love with a church girl" last night, and the part where he was yelling at the stained glass window of Jesus just popped into my mind, as he says, "I dump stacks of hundreds in your little velvet bag every Sunday, and I'm trying to be good, what else do you want from me?" Do you know why those that wait upon the LORD renew their strength? Yes, it is true enough to be seen; if God is our strength, then we must wait upon Him for our strength to be realized. "Oh, but wait, let me see if I can help God out a little bit, because He is obviously busy doing other things right now!" Can you see the picture unfolding? "Let Go & Let God", although it is easy to conceive, giving birth to it is very painful and requires being stretched. God does not need our sacrifices; He does not need the meat, or the blood, or even the money; He wants our lives to be surrendered to Him, freely, openly, and without expectation; yet at the same time having every expectation of His goodness for our life, and that He knows better than we know what is best for our lives. Does that mean God does not desire worship? No it does not! He loves to be worshiped, but not the way that many people worship Him; He wants to be worshiped as God! God does not need anything from us, He is the Supplier of all of our needs; and He surely does not need our worship, as if the more people believe in Him that stronger He becomes: He is the Alpha and Omega, He does not change, He does not grow weary or faint. "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength" (Isaiah 40:29). What does that tell you? It tells me that I need to count upon God and not upon myself, because He has all that I need, and I have nothing to offer Him that will increase His strength or His abilities; absolutely nothing! "Oh, but wait, if I could just get my friend to come to church, then God will save him!", crickets...
"Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment. Who raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings? he gave them as the dust to his sword, and as driven stubble to his bow. He pursued them, and passed safely; even by the way that he had not gone with his feet. Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." (Isaiah 41:1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment