Monday, March 3, 2014

"Adoption"

"Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me." (Psalms 38:21) A man in pain prays, because he knows to whom he belongs, and he knows that his Father will answer. There is really nothing that is more satisfying to a persons soul, than to cry out to our Heavenly Father, and to truly believe that He hears our petitions; it is not even a question of if He will answer, because we know that He is just; combined with the fact that He loves us unconditionally, the fact that He is just gives us comfort to just rest in His love, whatever His answer might be. I am patiently waiting for God to heal my wife, but in the meantime, I am also taking every opportunity that I have to love her unconditionally; whether He heals her or not, she is still here, and she still needs my love. For all that I know, she could outlive me; although I pray that she does not, because I do not believe anyone else will care for her the way that I do; but God is in control of such matters, I must just concern myself with doing my best with every day that He gives me. It is hard sometimes to understand what unconditional love feels like, because it is hardly lived out in the way that we love one another; but to truly feel the way that God loves us unconditionally, we must not focus on who we are, but who He is, as the Father that has adopted us into His arms, for ever and ever. How often have we seen that written, or even written it ourselves, without even understanding what it actually means? To say, I love you for ever, to anyone, is not even something that we can actually fulfill in this lifetime; but God, He is able to make it happen; He is able to fulfill His promise to love us for ever and ever, all the way to the very end. We really do not need Him to answer us, because He has said enough already in that He sent His Son to die for us; in this, we can take our refuge, because there is no greater demonstration of His love; and if it is words that we want to hear, then He has already given His Word, and now we need to rest in Him, unconditionally... "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ, if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together." (Romans 8:15-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment