Saturday, March 8, 2014

"Burnin' Love"

"My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue," (Psalms 39:3) There is nothing better than meditating upon the goodness of God; to just sit here and think about how much he loves me, I can only remain silent for so long, and then I need to say something to express my gratitude, and to release some of this fire that is burning inside. Whether or not this is what David was speaking of is between him and God, but based upon the next verse, he appears to me more concerned about himself than giving praise to God. On the other hand, I believe that David really was a good example of Jesus Christ in so many ways; not that he was without sin, but more along the lines of his relationship with God and his kingdom. As I was thinking about this, I was reminded of Isaiah 55:3 & 4, as God is speaking about "the sure mercies of David", and how the beginning of verse 3 God says, "Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live". The thing is, is that we must come to God; and it really does not matter how we come to Him, whether we are clean or dirty, because we can never be as clean as He is; but what matters is that we come to Him expecting to hear from Him, because He is Life. What we are living in here on this earth, although there are beautiful things to enjoy, this life is full of death and decay, which is really not life, but death; we start entering into death from the time that we are born, (and some do not even make it that far), so the life that God is speaking of is not this life that we are living; but I am sure every one of you knew that, right? Which is where I believe that David is going with these next few verses, because he appears to be challenging the vain side of thinking by taking the wrong side of the issue. However, now that I think of it, God has done something very similar, in that He provided His flesh to take on the spiritual issue of mankind; something that could not have been done any other way, and that was the most powerful demonstration of love that could ever be given. Do not ever think that God does not love you; and if that thought ever crosses your mind, just think about that cross... "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him: rooted and built up in Him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." (Colossians 2:6-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment