Friday, March 7, 2014

"Silence Is Golden"

"I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred." (Psalms 39:2) It is really hard to argue with a man that is not speaking, and it is really hard to interrupt him if there are no words coming out of his mouth; but the point keeping quiet, has more to do with our own treasure to our words, such as, once the word is spoken, it is then every one's to share; if that makes any sense at all. But truthfully, how often have we held something within us, even something that is of good report, and it's value seems more holding onto then if we should let it go? It is like that special present wrapped beneath the Christmas Tree; the biggest reason that it is special, is that it is a mystery and leave one to wonder; once it has been opened, it is just another gift. That is just one more example of what hope has for those that hold onto it: "for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?" (Romans 8:24); because what we do not see is far more valuable to us then what we do see; and what we see, does no even compare with that which is to come. The part that makes this interesting, is the part about, "and my sorrow was stirred"; it has more to do with bringing out hidden feelings, such as fear of death, or illness, than it does with feeling sorrow; much like if you are dwelling on something challenging for you on the horizon, and then you begin imagining all that could go wrong; like something that is feared the most among so many people, which is the fear of speaking to a large crowd of people; what if I freeze? what if I make a fool of myself? what if I pass out? They say, that if you imagine the crowd is naked, then it makes it easier to speak; however, if you giving a sermon in church, then it is probably not a good idea to start imagining anyone is naked. On the other hand, I like to count myself as unworthy when giving the message, because I want God to speak, not me; then it is more about me just being available to be used, so that I can see what God might do; that way I really don't have to worry about what might happen, because that is up to God. However, if we are looking at this another way, then we could say that "my sorrow was stirred" has more to do about us realizing how close we are to death, and how far we are from holiness; which needs to bring us back before the cross, as we rely totally upon the grace of God, and not upon ourselves. That just makes me speechless... "Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death; if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead." (Philippians 3:8-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment