Thursday, March 20, 2014

"Hope For Today" -2

"O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more." (Psalms 39:13) Obviously there is still something that God has to do in you, for once He starts a work in us, He will finish it; but if you really stop and think about it, He has been working His plan out in you since before you existed. We just have no idea just how involved God is in setting the stage for our entering the world, but we can see how much He had His hand upon us since the time that we were born; everything that He allowed to happen, He allowed it knowing what we would become. Don't think God can not do something with your life, because He creates beauty from ashes, and can give life to dead bones; He can even make a jackass speak plainly, He can surely use any of us that make ourselves available for Him to use. Availability is not something I seemingly have an abundance of, but then again, it is most likely the same for most of you; it just requires a little thing call priority in your schedule, as to whether or not you make time for the Lord. It is a lot like tithing, where you really can't see where the money will come from, but once you are faithful, you always seem to make it through, and sometimes can't believe where the money comes from. If we are faithful in the little things, then God will bless us in the bigger things, which includes time; time that we spend serving Him, praising Him, and just being still before Him. Like, Oh, I have a few minutes, I think I will read my Bible, or I think I will say a prayer for that person I just met, or maybe I will go visit someone and see how they are doing. Those are all the little things that we can do that will make the biggest difference in how the bigger portion of our days are successful, however it is that we might count success. Really, the more we are in touch with God's will for our lives, even what might appear to be ruin or catastrophe could in fact be that which God is using for our success, as odd as that might appear to look; because God takes the foolish things of this world to astound the wise, and He is made to be strong in our weakness. The thing that we must truly come to terms with, is that we are weak, and that we must rely on Him for every single part of our lives; whether it be loving our spouses, raising our children, providing food for our families, or even being faithful in those little things; our attitude must be one that begs God to guide us, not just saying, Lord, I can't do this without you, but saying, Lord, I do not want to do anything without you; because He really does want us to give Him all of our life... "And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto Him, Lord, I will follow Thee whithersoever Thou goest. And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay His head. And He said to another, Follow Me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. And another also said, Lord, I will follow Thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home in my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:57-62)

No comments:

Post a Comment