Saturday, August 31, 2013

"Illumination"

"They looked unto Him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed." (Psalms 34:5) Does it not seem the least bit strange that the cause of worry in our lives is somehow associated with darkness? Really, if you think back to the very first day you accepted Christ into you heart, knowing that all of you sins were gone, and you were made whiter than the snow in that single instant; how much did you fear or worry about anything at that time? I can remember only one thing that I was concerned about, and that was how I could get my wife and others to accept Jesus into their hearts, and how soon could I make it happen. It took me two weeks to lead my wife to the Lord over the phone; although I had tried to the very same hour that accepted Jesus into my heart; but it took a little more than just me telling her what Jesus did in me, I needed to show her what He did!!! Fortunately for me, it only took two weeks of multiple phone calls and two visits that consisted of looking at each other through glass while speaking on phones. I remember that my grandfather came with her that second Sunday, maybe to get a second opinion of what she was seeing; because after the first Sunday, she walked away bewildered, not knowing what to think. My grandfather had always said that he believed in God, but never really went to church or put forth any true sign of being a Christian; although he did like to brag about the open Bible that was on display within his Masonic Lodge, where he once was a high ranking leader. Some twenty years prior to that time, he had swooped up his wife, and taken everything he had, bought a ranch in east Texas, and even purchased grave sites at the local cemetery; apparently not planning to come back to California ever again; although grandma tried to fit in, but you could tell she missed her family. I can remember speaking to my wife that night on the phone and sensing her acknowledgement of my sincere transformation; therefore, I assumed that they spoke about me as they drove home after our visit, and together had reach some sort of conclusion; at which time I expressed my joy and comfort comes from knowing where I am going to spend eternity, and my only fear is not knowing if she would be there with me; after which she acknowledged her need for Jesus, and I had the privilege of leading her to the Lord, over the phone, and right from that jail! It actually goes beyond being forgiven of our sins, it goes to acceptance, as in, I know and am assured that I am now accepted by God... "He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?" (Romans 8:32-35)

No comments:

Post a Comment