Friday, August 30, 2013

"Light-Seeker" -2

" I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." (Psalms 34:4) As I ponder the fact that "all" means ALL, I can't help but wonder if all my fears have been dealt with. I know that might seem like something you hardly ever think about, but what it is that might cause us to fear and tremble in this life? Is it the thought of being stricken with some sort of illness? or maybe the thought of a random drive-by shooting? If you look at David's situation after God delivered him from his enemies, he still had something that drove him into a cave, however his fear was no longer of himself, but for his family and those that he cared about. That is the thing that I fear for also; and as I was thinking about this, I could not help but think of all those in my life that depend upon me for help and support, my wife being the most important one of all. As for me, I have really nothing that causes me to fear for myself, except when I sin and need God's forgiveness; it's really important to me to make sure I don't have any sins that have not been confessed, especially when I might be doing something that could result in death; but really, death could come any time and any where; it's all comes down to our time to go, and if it's not your time to go, then don't worry about it! But if it is your time to go, you had better be prepared! Regardless; here is the thing that God has placed upon my heart, and something that I have decided I need to share this Sunday in my message: Whatever your situation might be, or whatever it is that you might be going through; whether it's cancer, or financial ruin, or even a devastating divorce; God will get you through to the other side! I don't care what it is that is devastating your life, if you are his child, you are going to be alright!!! Do you believe that? Do You??? If you do, then stop your whining and seek the Light; as much of His Light as you can get, and then some... "The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought of your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?" (Matthew 6:22 & 25)

No comments:

Post a Comment