Friday, August 23, 2013

"Perpetual Praise" -2

"I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Psalms 34:1) It's not as if we can't continually bless the Lord or praise Him all the time, because we can, and we will one day surely do just that; but as many of us have clearly discovered, this is not a perfect world, and we have not yet reached that state of perfection; but one day we surely will! James puts it like this: "For every kind of beast, and of birds, and of serpents, and of all things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: but the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessings and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be." (James 3:7-10) I tend to understand and agree, these things ought not to be, but neither should sinful thoughts enter into our minds, and yet, I just can't seem to get a handle on that either. So where are we, and in what condition are we to be, if these things are the way that they are? First and foremost, I am saved, that much I am sure of; my soul is forever to be with the Lord from that day forward, and I have His promise in that; however, I have this thing; a thing that craves the things of this world, primarily because it is of this world; which is the flesh. Now I know that I am born again, and this flesh is to be counted dead in Christ; but wouldn't you know it, it just seems to still be hanging around! "O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" (Romans 7:24) The word "perpetual" is meant to mean forever and unending; it goes and goes forever without an intermission; obviously not something that we are capable of in this lifetime; however, it is something that we can proclaim to do, and it is something that we should make our banner and our goal. In other words; it is what we should set out in our hearts to become a reality in our lives; and when we do not have it going on, we need to make it so; and when we can't make it so, then we need to ask God to make it so. One way or another it has got to happen; and when it does not, it is because you know who has shown up, and is trying to have his way... "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Romans 7:25-8:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment