Sunday, September 9, 2012

"The Pure of Heart" -2

"I have wounded them that they were not able to rise: they are fallen under my feet." (Psalms 18:38) When we are talking about the pure of heart, we are really talking about those that have a pure love for God in their heart; which causes them to desire to do whatever it takes that they might get it right. More than likely, David is speaking about the tens of thousands that were slain by him on the battlefields, and there really is not any spiritual meaning to what is being said; then again, as we examine the opening verse of this Psalm and remember, this is 'A Song of Victory', and the first verse was added to this song which is also recorded in 2 Samuel 22, the first verse saying, "I will love Thee, O LORD, my strength". I am not one to limit what God has intended for His word represent; nor do I hold to the doctrine of some that His word is not alive, but rather it is only by His Spirit that His word brings forth life. Sure, we need His Holy Spirit to speak to us through His words that are written in this book that we call the Bible, but these words that are written have been written and inspired by God; therefore, as far as I am concerned, these words within this book are alive! Being that His word is alive, He can speak beyond the message of the writer, just as I believe He is speaking beyond the message that David has written within his song of victory; and furthermore, that even David was speaking beyond the message of what he had actually written. Therefore; when it comes to our ability to be holy, as He is Holy, that ability is governed by our own hearts! It is God who will give us the ability to do that which He has instructed us in, even those things that might seem impossible to do; but it is our hearts that must be willing to do whatever it takes, and to desire whatever it takes that God can do, that we are made holy. That willingness of our heart is produced by our love for God, and it is our love for God that governs to what extent we will go that we should achieve holiness. God would have us go all the way to the end, till there is no more unholiness within us at all; which really will not happen until we are glorified in heaven; but until then, we are to continue seeking to be Holy... "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment