Monday, September 24, 2012

"God's Creation"

[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.] "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth His handiwork." (Psalms 19:1) Now that I have spent almost two months challenging myself with several different things that God has called me on, I can take a few days and relax in God's spender. However, I do not believe that is how it works! Time and time again, I have experienced a great move of God upon my life, when I had just come to relax and be feed. I remember about twelve years ago, as I sat in middle back of about eight hundred men at a Saturday morning Men's Conference, I had just come to relax and be feed. The pastor took to the stage after about four worship songs, and he told us to turn in our Bibles to Hebrews chapter twelve; as I opened up the word and eyed the text, the word "seeing" literally jumped up off the page and knocked me off guard. Then, as the pastor began to read, "Wherefore, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doeth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us", I was shaken to my very core; as a matter of fact, I was in tears before he had even gotten to the second word, and just the word "wherefore" had shot an arrow to my heart. We can try as hard as we want to think that we are just fine with God, and to make ourselves believe that we really do not need anything else but to just enjoy His presence; but that line of thinking will no doubt get you into a place that will require you to be knocked down, maybe even so far down that you have nothing left to do but lay prostrate upon the floor. You have no doubt heard the phrase "Seeing is believing", and have most likely thought to yourself how that might compare to faith, because faith is the substance of things not seen; however, when we gaze upon the heavens, there is no doubting the awesomeness of God, and how we could even begin to compare with the holiness and majesty of who He is. Yet, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ has given us a way that we can enter into that holiness and majesty, if we would just surrender our lives over to Him. Believing is one thing, but acting upon that which we believe is what is required for us to see the proof of our belief... "Wherefore lift up the hands that hang down, and the feeble knees; and make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed." (Hebrews 12:12 & 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment