Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Being Right With God" - 2

"And the Peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:7) Some things just do not make sense, and I sure had something happen last night that did not. While praying myself to sleep and thinking about God's Peace and what I was going to share this morning, all of the sudden a song popped into my head, "Blue Suede Shoes"; talk about weird. And then I spent the next hour or so trying to figure out why, or what these things had in common. For some things, you must live it, to even begin to understand it; The Peace of God is one of those things. This is one of the most profound treasures that the Lord Jesus gives to those that are His. It comes to us primarily because we have been made right with God by what Jesus has done for us; because there is no longer any condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus. And because there is no longer any condemnation, we can enter into a relationship with God that is truly out-of-this-world. This peace that we are given in Jesus is beyond this world; which is why the world cannot know it, nor can the world give it. Yet, those that are in Christ Jesus can live it; and we realize that it truly does pass all understanding. One of the titles given unto our Lord Jesus Christ, is 'The Prince Of Peace', and to the Believer, Christ is our Peace. This Peace that we have been given is based upon what we shall be after this life; which is not based upon this world that is passing away. And because it is not based upon this world, we are not to be moved by the things of this world, nor by the things which this world may put upon us. In other words; we are to be content with whatever our lot is in this world, knowing that no matter what, we have a much better life waiting for us; kind of like, "You can do anything you want to do" to me, but you cannot take me from my Eternal Home! (I think I get it!!!) "Peace I leave with you, My Peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment