Monday, July 1, 2024

"Pictures of The King"

 "Better is a poor and wise child than an old and foolish king, who will no more be admonished." (Ecclesiastes 4:13 KJV)

  "O LORD, I have come to you for protection; don't let me be disgraced. Save me and rescue me, for you do what is right. Turn your ear to listen to me, and set me free. Be my rock of safety where I can always hide. Give the order to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress." (PSALM 71:1-3 NLT)

 Maybe I just don't see everything there is to see, in most every situation; surely, I can't see clearly what is going to happen, when it will happen, or why it hasn't happened yet. But I know Who does see all things; from the beginning to the very end, He knows all things, both the good and the bad, nothing is hidden from His sight! 

 To get right to the point, almost every prophetic picture of Christ is somehow just a glimpse of who He will be and what He will do. Most of those glimpses are just a section of passages mixed into something else, as if the person who wrote the Scripture changed their thought, prompted by the Spirit to write it down, even though they really might not have totally understood what they were writing, or when it was going to take place. 

 In this regard, I see this as much of which Solomon touches upon; or has been touched to express, by the Spirit of the Living Word of God! The way I see it, we can read these Scriptures and see them come alive, moving and changing our inner most being: just imagine what it might have like to be the person who was writing these things down...

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment