Saturday, July 27, 2024

"The Folly of Riches"

 "He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity." (Ecclesiastes 5:10 KJV)

  ""Don't store up treasure here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be."" (Matthew 6:19-21 NLT)

 There is a little more to this than we might think, because there are those that store up, as if to find security in the abondance of stuff or money; and then there are those who trust the Lord for security and get blessed by what they have been given. I would like to think I was in that camp with those who are counting on God for security; most of the time I see that is true; but there are times when my heart feels insecure, as if things are falling apart.

 What do we do when things look to be falling apart, to get our hearts in the right place? Well, for me, I make it the time to praise the Lord, singing praise and thanking Him for all that He has done for me. If I am worried about finances, I will usually sing a particular song: "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God!" Knowing that nothing in this life is more important than the life we have waiting for us, when all of this life is over. 

 Those doing what they can to use what they are given for the Kingdom of God, find satisfaction in what is given away, much more than those that try finding satisfaction in holding on to things that they really don't need! Whatever we have in this life has been given to us. I know that there are more people that don't believe that, then there are people that do, because I was once in the camp that felt I earned what I have by working hard to get it. 

 If you do not have life, as in the breath in your lungs, you cannot earn anything on your own, period! So, just that one little point, is enough to say, God gives me life, without life, I can gain nothing...

""That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life - whether you have enough food and drink, or enough cloths to wear. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?"" (Matthew 6:25-27 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment