Wednesday, July 10, 2024

"Know Your Place"

 "Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few." (Ecclesiastes 5:2 KJV)

  "About three o'clock in the morning Jesus came them, walking on the water. When the disciples saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried out, "It's a ghost!" But Jesus spoke to them at once, "Don't be afraid," he said. "Take courage. I am here!" Then Peter called to him, "Lord, if it's really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water." "Yes, come," Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. "Save me, Lord!" he shouted. Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. "You have so little faith," Jesus said. "Why did you doubt me?"" (Matthew 14:25-31 NLT)

 Much of what we understand about this journey, we tend to base upon many of the messages we hear others share about what they have experienced. For the most part, only a few of us have really tried to walk on water, so to speak; as if to test and see what God might do, if we actually stepped out and took a giant leap, risking it all for God.

 Imagine if Peter had no doubt, but trusted completely in the Lord's word, "Come." That is all it was, the same word that summoned Lazareth out of the tomb, bringing forth the dead, raising him to life! In the same way, it is like that word, "Let," which was uttered in the beginning, when He spoke, "Let there be light." 

 To the point of what was shared these last few days, it was easy for me to express those sins against others, because I have experienced doing them in my own walk. When you least expect it, mostly because you don't think you are possible of doing it, you will be in the midst of sea, and will have no power to hold yourself up! 

 If you don't know what I mean, it involves us thinking that we can do it on our own; but it is impossible to do anything that pleases the Father, without Christ! When we think we can be holy by our own strength, we will find out rather quickly that we don't have it in us; much like Peter, we will be sinking and terrified by the world around us; justifiably so, because it is only through Christ that we can do all things...

"When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:11-13 NLT)      

No comments:

Post a Comment